This blog is mostly about images. A photo captures a moment in time and lets us slow down long enough to see the rich texture of the life all around us. It's mostly for my own amusement, but if you stumbled here somehow, please enjoy.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Not One Stone

We identify visitors to the city by their upward glances in admiration of the skyscrapers.  (Though I could be mistakenly identified that way too as I've never lost my sense of wonder for such things--including pointing a camera in all directions.)

I guess it's no surprise the disciples pointed out the magnificent temple during their Jerusalem visit in Matthew 24.  It likely did surprise them when the Master prophesied of the day when "There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down".  How permanent those stones must have seemed to them then.  I believe it was around 70 A.D. when the Roman Titus was responsible for fulfiling that very prophecy, as chronicled in the arch that bears his name in Rome. 

Nothing on earth today is any more permanent.  Nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment