This blog is mostly about images. A photo captures a moment in time and lets us slow down long enough to see the rich texture of the life all around us. It's mostly for my own amusement, but if you stumbled here somehow, please enjoy.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Impact

How far is the impact of a single act felt?  How long does it reverberate?  Does what we do even matter?

Drop a pebble in a still pool or, as above, watch when a fish breaks the surface, however lightly.  The entire pond is affected.  Likewise with each act of faithfulness.

My life today is impacted by choices made by generations of faithful men and women before me.  How will my choices shape the heritage I will pass along?

For thou, O God, hast heard my vows: thou hast given me the heritage of those that fear thy name. (Ps. 61:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment