This blog is mostly about images. A photo captures a moment in time and lets us slow down long enough to see the rich texture of the life all around us. It's mostly for my own amusement, but if you stumbled here somehow, please enjoy.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Have Thine Own Way, Lord


Have thine own way, Lord! Have thine own way!
Thou art the potter, I am the clay.
Mold me and make me after thy will,
while I am waiting, yielded and still.
("Have Thine Own Way, Lord" -- Pollard/Stebbins)

A good friend of mine has a pottery hobby/business (www.muddybrookpotters.com) and was the creator of these lovely works of art.  I'm a bit envious of his opportunity to be frequently reminded of Isaiah 64:8, "But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand."

Praying to be "yielded and still".

No comments:

Post a Comment