This blog is mostly about images. A photo captures a moment in time and lets us slow down long enough to see the rich texture of the life all around us. It's mostly for my own amusement, but if you stumbled here somehow, please enjoy.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

One year later...

...I still miss him terribly.
...Every day.
...The counsel.
...The friendship.
...The shared interests...God's Word, our church, the elder body, current events, history, especially presidents.
...Just checking in.
...Sharing the latest books read.
...Chuckling at our human condition, never taking ourselves too seriously.
...The integrity and unfailing "I have confidence in you."
...and so much more that love entails.

One year later...
...Still thankful for that last week.
...For strong faith to the last.
...That he's "waiting on the far side banks."
...That we'll meet in the morning beside the Eastern Gate.

...For the hope, the promise, of a glad reunion at trumpet sound.

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words." (1 Thess. 4:16-18)

5 comments:

  1. Very nice tribute, and I appreciate the reminders, especially of our Lively Hope...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the part about the reunion at the trumpet sound! I love the song "It is well with my soul" (we sang it at Dad's funeral and its been touching me still years later). the last verse says the "trump shall sound".... it gives me goose bumps and I look forward to that day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice, Brad. Oh how we miss him. I had the best husband and you had the best Dad. What a glorious reunion - some glad day. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tears in my eyes at this one, with so much thankfulness and a heart that feels a kinship to your thoughts. God has blessed so many through his life. Thoughts and prayers for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful thoughts Dad. I can't wait to see Grampy again in heaven! <3

    ReplyDelete