This blog is mostly about images. A photo captures a moment in time and lets us slow down long enough to see the rich texture of the life all around us. It's mostly for my own amusement, but if you stumbled here somehow, please enjoy.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Vigilance

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:" (I Pet. 5:8) 

A foreign sound.  The head goes up.  Watching.  Discerning.  Friend or foe?  

Imagination?  Unwarranted Fear?  Out of control panic?  Shouting unneeded warnings?  Stirring up others? 

Pause and remember, "Perfect love casts out fear."  (I John 4:18).  Soberness., vigilance, discernment.  "By their fruits ye shall know them." (Matt. 7:20).  Often over time.

The Holy Spirit will never work through actions that violate God's Word.  Satan is not thus bound.  His wolf fur will eventually show under the sheep's clothing.  His biting and devouring will make itself known. 

"Be still and know that I am God." (Ps. 46:10). 

"My sheep hear my voice." (John 10:27) 

"I am with you always." (Matt. 28:20)



2 comments:

  1. Thanks Brad for the powerful illustration. See you soon. Hope to have your "6".

    ReplyDelete
  2. A word much needed today. Thank you Brad.

    ReplyDelete