This blog is mostly about images. A photo captures a moment in time and lets us slow down long enough to see the rich texture of the life all around us. It's mostly for my own amusement, but if you stumbled here somehow, please enjoy.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Appointed for Seasons

"He appointed the moon for seasons:" Ps. 104:19

I admit I can't resist the glory of the moon. Its daily changes as the dark side slowly makes its rounds from our perspective while showing the same face to us because it somehow rotates exactly the same speed as the earth turns. I'm fascinated with its varied features of dry seas, Tranquility and Serenity most prominent, its cratered surface, and its faithful reflection of the distant sun as it fulfills its appointed duty to reflect the seasons to all Creation.

So this one is a just past First Quarter, waxing gibbous, that I took a couple nights ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment