This blog is mostly about images. A photo captures a moment in time and lets us slow down long enough to see the rich texture of the life all around us. It's mostly for my own amusement, but if you stumbled here somehow, please enjoy.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Road to Where

"And there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people..."
(Isaiah 11:16)

Something about highways and railroads intrigues me.  As I cross a road, my mind wanders to its extension beyond the horizon and ultimately its terminus.  When we travel, they represent the way back home--there are even highways in the sky which you can observe if you pay attention to the contrails in your area. 

This verse in Isaiah, as well as Jesus' famous account of the prodigal, makes me thankful that no matter how far we roam in this old world, there's a way back home if we will just turn and head that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment